Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Update

My sister and I and are husband have been going through a lot these last few months. As you all know my sister can not get pregnant on her own due to her thyroid disease and the anti-ovarian antibodies in her blood stream. We were suppose to have egg retrieval on Monday, but unfortunately I did not respond to any medicine. This could be due to a lot of factors. First thing is they need to rule out that I'm not starting to have the same issues as my sister. So once those blood test come back normal, we will try again. It also could have been just a fluke thing, bad batch of medicine, medicine not absorbing into my blood stream due to lack of fat on my body or I ovulated on my own. After speaking with my doctor she agrees that I'm very healthy and have no issues with irregular cycles and that it was a fluke thing.

This next time around I will inject the medicine into my stomach instead of my thigh due to the muscle in my thigh. I was bruising a lot, so the doctor thinks that I could have been injecting it into the muscle instead of fat.

I'm not going to lie, I was extremely heartbroken (and cried for days). But not for me, for my sister. I want this so badly to happen for them. But I have total faith in God and know he will take care of us and in the end this will work.

Please keep praying for us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry it didn't work out this time. It must be very difficult to deal with.

    ReplyDelete